Roasted Apples and Squash
Write a review
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into ½ inch wedges
- 8 little onions, peeled and cut into ¼ inch thick rings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash, or pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 ½ tsp sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- 1.Preheat oven to 400. Toss apples with onions, ¾ tsp oil, and ¼ tsp salt; spread on a baking sheet. Toss squash with ¾ tsp oil, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper; spread onto a separate baking sheet. Roast apple –onion mixture, tossing halfway through, until apples are tender and lightly browned and onions are just starting to crisp, 25-30 minutes. Meanwhile roast squash, tossing halfway through, until tender and browned, 45 minutes.
- 2.Toss arugula with remaining 1 ½ tsp oil and the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Transfer salad to serving platter, and top with apple-onion mixture, squash, and walnuts.
Flying Cloud Farm http://www.flyingcloudfarm.net/